Facebook

Login

Support Sailonline

If you haven't already - join the SAILONLINE YACHT CLUB!

Please also consider making a donation - all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Board » General Discussion » Sailonline Android Client Beta test

Page: First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

v0.47.1 does NOT solve the problem
BUT
v0.47.2 appears to be a WINNER!!!

I gave it only a brief test, but was able to change zoom levels and alter course without any problems in the display.

:D
I tried the five versions from 0.45 to 0.47.2 on my SGS2 with Andriod 4.1.2. I Started the app two times with each version logging into SWR Leg4. It worked with all versions except 0.47 . 0.47 crashed while downloading weather data and/or boat tracks (it's not clear to me which, or even if the different data sets are downloaded synchronously or asynchronously.)

To me it feels like there is a race condition during data download in at least versions 0.45 and 0.47 .

A possibly/probably unrelated problem: When selecting different opponents to show their tracks, the app always crashes after a few different selected boats. It usually happens after 5-10 boats, and I don't believe it has to do with a specific boat. It has never happened on the first selected boat. I guess there is some kind of race condition or memory corruption. I believe boats can have different number of segments in their tracks, could that be a cause of the bug? I think this has been a problem in each version since the feature appeared, for sure in the five versions discussed above.

I should also mention that I haven't had any problems on my Nexus 7 tablet running Android 5.0.2, except for the issue with boat tracks mentioned above. I didn't bother to try the two unofficial version on that device, though.
Thanks javakeda and andebjor for helping me out testing this. I really appreciate that you have taken the time.
I have now made a release candidate 0.48rc that is based on the 0.47.2 version (But has some small tweaks) and is available at the dropbox now. It would be great if you could try it out before I put it on Google Play just to make sure it will work ok.

I will take a look at the problem with showing boat traces for competitors as soon as I find the time (Pretty soon probably).
0.48rc appears to work fine on my SGS2.

The problem with the boat traces isn't a big deal, but I'm sorry I didn't report it earlier.
Tested v0.48rc in the Sanya to Auckland race. Have no problems with purple lines, so that is good.
I was using an LG G pad 8.3 lte -- this is a Verizon flavored device. I am still on Android 4.4.2

Posted in chat, but with some difficulty.
When I hold the tablet in vertical and enter text, it isn't obvious how to make the keyboard go away.
Problem is, the keyboard is covering the "send" button in the chat tab.
The work-around is to rotate the tablet to horizontal. The keyboard goes away and the send button appears.
Don't know how much control you have over the keyboard from your app.
A simple change would be to move the send button to the top of the screen, so it would not be covered by the keyboard.
If you can change the configuration of the keyboard, adding a "send" or "done" key would be another approach.
====
You are too kind with your thank-yous for any testing I have done.
I am the one to thank you, instead.
Having a "competitive" mobile client is important to me, personally.
It is also important to SOL.
I am only too happy to test your software any time you need me to do so.
We [all of us] owe you big time!

it turns out that making the send button disappear is not that easy to do every time. It has something to do with using voice input. It also appears to have something to do with rotating the tablet. I'll work on this further and see if I can find a pattern.
Version 0.48 is now up on Google play and it is just a namechange to the 0.48rc so it should work on 4.4.2 devices.

I will start looking at the boat trace problem and see if I can do something about the chat post aswell. I also noted on some of your screenshots that the race view gui looked even worse on a bigger screen (The dashboard buttons and labels was all over the place) so I will see if I can fix that too in the next version.
nakedgod pointed out in chat that there were no course boundaries visible in the android client.
New user getting 'failed to login'. Lost a day on the latest VOR leg. Any help?
V4.9 on a new/updated Samsung 5.
Thanks,
GeeDub
geedub:
I have seen you have found your way to Lisbon.
Did you register your boat to the race with a pc before to login with the app? you cannot register directly with the app (yet).
Good Wind

Page: First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Please login to post a reply.

Races

Next Race: 00d 00h 00m

Current Races:

Manilla to Calbayog 2024

After six years, we welcome you to the race created by sassy63 for the second time. He takes us to the Philippines to race around islands on a 380 nm course. We sail the Italia 14.98 and in Calbayog we'll enjoy our well-deserved Palatan dish and drink it with San Miguel.
Race #1803
INFO from brainaid.de
Italia 14.98 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking:
ARQ2 - ARCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: Apr 22nd 17:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Jakob's Birthday BBQ Race 2024

Sailonline had two founders and Jakob, the more senior of the two, has his birthday in April which we always like to celebrate with a race through the Stockholm Archipelago from Revengegrundet Lighthouse to his mooring at Baggensfjärden. Traditionally also, like other celebrations this time of year, this feast has been “moveable”, so on this occasion we will be racing on a Wednesday in one of our latest high-performance 40-footers, the Carkeek 40. Please join us then for this always tricky 30nm race. Grattis på födelsedagen Jakob!
Race #1794
INFO by brainaid.de
Carkeek 40 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: SYC
Race starts: Apr 20th 14:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Melbourne to Osaka Prelude 2024

Welcome once again to what these days is Sailonline’s almost annual virtual Melbourne to Osaka Yacht Race. In real life, this double-handed 5500 nm race between these two sister cities, one deep in the southern hemisphere, the other high in the northern hemisphere, is run every four to five years, and is planned to be held again in 2025, so this race is a Prelude in partnership with the Melbourne Osaka Cup 2025 organising committee collaborating with the Ocean Racing Club of Victoria (ORCV), and the Sandringham (SYC) and Osaka Hokko (OHYC) yacht clubs. On this occasion, we’ll be racing the well-known First 40, a popular size of boat for a long-distance double-handed race. With the doldrums unavoidably lying across the track, you can expect to be at virtual sea for at least a month!
Race #1669
INFO by brainaid.de
First 40 Particulars
WX Updates:
Ranking: SYC
Race starts: Apr 20th 00:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

St Nazaire Chasse TIMED Race 2024

Welcome to a "chasse" (hunt) from St. Nazaire to La Baule on the west coast of France! This race was designed by SOLer FR_flouflou in 2010. The KER 40 was introduced to SOL in 2016 by SOLer psail, and the Sol-KER was a welcome addition to SOL’s fleet of 40- footers, as it was to the IRL Ker fleet of eponymous - like KERonimo, KukuKERchu and Ice BreaKER. This is a TIMEDrace, so you may RE-REGISTER HERE to try again, after finishing a run. You will have 13 days and 11 hours to show your skill and decision making after the race opens.
Race #1797
INFOby brainaid.de
Ker 40 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking:
TRQ2 - TRCH - SUPSOL - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Saturday,
27 April at 23:00 UTC
Race starts: Apr 14th 12:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

The Beagle in the Straits of Magellan 2024

Both before and after visiting the Falkland Islands, the Beagle extensively explored the south eastern coast of South America, hither and thither, from north of the Rio Plate to the tip of Tierra del Fuego, but it was not till the end of June 1834 that the ship made it into the Pacific Ocean, transiting via the Straits of Magellan. Online in 2024, the choice is yours - passage the strait or round the cape; 400nm or more in your Class B Tall Ship.
Race #1753
INFOby brainaid.de
Tall Ship Class B PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: SVF - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Sunday,
April 21 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: Apr 09th 13:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Cape Town to Auckland 2024

Welcome to the second leg of this Round The World series 2024. It's also the April edition of this year's ocean race championship. The course is the same as the one sailed in 2023, but this year we sail the iconic Swan 65, as suggested in the concluding RTW race last year.
Prepare yourselves for an epic 30-day journey, navigating through the unpredictable waters of the South Seas. It's essential to take care of provisioning to ensure a smooth and enjoyable race experience. With the longer duration, we anticipate plenty of opportunities for camaraderie, competition, and unforgettable memories.
PRIZE: SMPF
Race# 1789
INFO from brainaid.de
Swan 65 PARTICULARS
WX updates:
Ranking: OCQ2 - RTW - OCCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: Apr 01st 11:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Go to race archive

SYC Ranking

1. Sailonline Yacht Club Member WRmirekd
  2. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Pit8008
  3. Sailonline Yacht Club Member FreyjaUSA
  4. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rafa
  5. Sailonline Yacht Club Member sassy63
  6. Sailonline Yacht Club Member bonknhoot
  7. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Sax747
  8. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Vida_Maldita
  9. Sailonline Yacht Club Member wsguerin
  10. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CriticalHippo

View full list

Series

Mobile Client

SYC members have the benefit of access to our mobile/lightweight web client!

The mobile client