Facebook

Login

Support Sailonline

If you haven't already - join the SAILONLINE YACHT CLUB!

Please also consider making a donation - all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Board » Flag Officers » Race proposals » Florida-Bahamas-Florida Race

Page: 1 2 3 Next

*UPDATE 2 - I would prefer to use a j30, since this is close to the boat I race on now. The coarse I have proposed is 222.2NM. I can modify the start/finish lines so they are outside the inlets to the ports. So it can be one continuous race, not a problem. Thanks for the input and advice.
If possible, it might be best to have the race before hurricane season (June1-November 30) I am not sure how the weather is done in the simulator, but wouldn't be good to race in 100+knt winds!
We usually don't do any long races during hurricane season, just short "sprints" between inlets. This is usually our Points Series races.
*UPDATE - Google Earth Map added.*

This is a 3 leg race.
Leg 1:Leave Port of Palm Beach Florida, arrive in Freeport Bahamas.
Leg 2: Leave Freeport Bahamas, arrive in Port of Miami Florida.
Leg 3: Leave Port of Miami Florida, arrive in Port of Palm Beach Florida.

I think it would be interesting to actually leave from and arrive in the actual Ports. Leaving out of the inlets and arriving in the inlets.

Perhaps limiting the race to 50 boats

Any sailors in Martin, St. Lucie, Palm Beach Counties?

--- Last Edited by CKHANSEN at 2011-01-26 13:25:44 ---

--- Last Edited by CKHANSEN at 2011-01-26 20:48:30 ---
St. Lucie - Jupiter Ocean Racing Association (SJORA)
Would love to submit a race proposal with the file sharing program/website. Doesn't work for me though, whatever I try.
Oh well, what now?
Thanks.
Hi CKHANSEN - that looks great. Super complete proposal and a nice course as well. I think a bunch of the usual helpers are super busy, so the silence is not a commentary on your race for sure.

Playing to SOL's strengths, we most often join up legs under a certain length to make one longer race, and your course would probably suit that. One advantage is that time-of-day problems worldwide sort of average out a bit.

Do you have a boat suggestion? It seems like we always end up in Seacarts when we visit the Bahamas!
CKHANSEN - thank you for your proposal. Its great to have another race from the other side of the pond!! As 76T said you/we do need to pick a boat/polar to use.

I can, in any event, set up the race in the server with a random choice of boat (which can be changed) and then you can see how the course will appear with the three legs amalgamated into a weekend race of about 218nm.

Once we have the boat type chosen, the race can then be archived until programmed in the race calendar.

I don't know if you have looked in the Race Calendar Forum yet, but when you do you will find the Current Calendar as well as draft calendars for upcoming months as/when posted so can see what is on the cards and what is being proposed. All comments/suggestions are v welcome!

--- Last Edited by RainbowChaser at 2011-01-26 17:58:24 ---
I would prefer to use a j30, since this is close to the boat I race on now. The coarse I have proposed is 222.2NM. I can modify the start/finish lines so they are outside the inlets to the ports. So it can be one continuous race, not a problem. Thanks for the input and advice.
If possible, it might be best to have the race before hurricane season (June1-November 30) I am not sure how the weather is done in the simulator, but wouldn't be good to race in 100+knt winds!
We usually don't do any long races during hurricane season, just short "sprints" between inlets. This is usually our Points Series races.
I have set your race up in SOL - all that is needed now is a fun description that will appear below the race name in the RH column.

Your race has been called CKHANSENS's TRIO as I thought that sounded fun too.. but obviously the name can be changed to whatever you prefer.

To see your race, just log in as the sol boat.

USERNAME: sol
PASSWORD: sol

and then use this url:

http://www.sailonline.org/windy/run/350/

Once you have checked and like what you see, and we have added the race description, then the race will be archived until we use it. Pre-June for sure!!
hehe RC your three-legged race is missing a leg ;-)

The run back up the coast would be a fun one, and maybe going around Virginia Key or a buoy in the harbour would add something?
Yeah i just noticed that.
Rainbow, can we have it finish at Port of Palm Beach?
That means we would have to pass a mark to the west out side the inlet to Port of Miami.
&^,
I orginally had it into the Port of Miami and out again and up the coast.
I am sure it is not a big deal to put in the final leg up the coast.
I have tons of ideas for races around here.
They are short and some longer ones.
oooops!!!

Please refresh screen and now look :-)

I have also added a waypoint at Miami Beach.. is that OK?

--- Last Edited by RainbowChaser at 2011-01-28 18:24:38 ---

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Please login to post a reply.

Races

Next Race: 00d 00h 00m

Current Races:

Flight of the Godwit - Hegura to Anchorage 2024

Welcome to the second flight of our bar-tailed Godwit!. This race is the second of three legs reflecting the bird's annual migratory route, and simultaneously the fifth leg of the 2024 Ocean Race Championship. The voyage promises to be not only a test of skill and strategy but an immersive experience in the beauty of the archipelagos of the Aleutian Islands. Join us as we push the boundaries of seafaring prowess on this epic adventure. Let's fly like a godwit!
PRIZE: SMPF
Race #1791
INFOby brainaid.de
Maxi Trimaran PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking: OCQ2 - GWT - OCCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: May 06th 11:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Bay to Bay 2024 - Leg 2 - Great Sandy Stait

Get ready for another spectacular day on the water with the second and final race of our thrilling series! This time, the challenge extends to an ambitious 21-nautical-mile course through the scenic Great Sandy Strait of Australia. After a joyful post-race BBQ, our daring sailors will once again take the helm of their Seascape 18s! Expect more high-speed action, strategic sailing, and, of course, another fantastic BBQ to celebrate the end of this exciting series!
Race #1802
INFO from brainaid.de
Seascape 18 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: B2B - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Wednesday,
May 8 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: May 04th 21:30 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Bay to Bay 2024 - Leg 1 - Great Sandy Strait

Prepare for an adrenaline-packed race as the pristine waters of the Great Sandy Strait beckon for a thrilling showdown! This first race of our two-race series stretches over an amazing 16-nautical-mile course, with our skilled sailors at the helm of their Seascape 18s. With fierce competition and a fantastic post-race BBQ awaiting our sailors at the finish line, what more could we ask for?! Brace yourself for a fascinating adventure and we look forward to seeing you at the start line!
Race #1801
INFO from brainaid.de
Seascape 18 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: B2B - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Tuesday,
May 7 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: May 04th 01:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Melbourne to Osaka Prelude 2024

Welcome once again to what these days is Sailonline’s almost annual virtual Melbourne to Osaka Yacht Race. In real life, this double-handed 5500 nm race between these two sister cities, one deep in the southern hemisphere, the other high in the northern hemisphere, is run every four to five years, and is planned to be held again in 2025, so this race is a Prelude in partnership with the Melbourne Osaka Cup 2025 organising committee collaborating with the Ocean Racing Club of Victoria (ORCV), and the Sandringham (SYC) and Osaka Hokko (OHYC) yacht clubs. On this occasion, we’ll be racing the well-known First 40, a popular size of boat for a long-distance double-handed race. With the doldrums unavoidably lying across the track, you can expect to be at virtual sea for at least a month!
Race #1669
INFO by brainaid.de
First 40 Particulars
WX Updates:
Ranking: SYC
Race starts: Apr 20th 00:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Go to race archive

SYC Ranking

1. Sailonline Yacht Club Member WRmirekd
  2. Sailonline Yacht Club Member FreyjaUSA
  3. Sailonline Yacht Club Member sassy63
  4. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rafa
  5. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Pit8008
  6. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Vida_Maldita
  7. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CollegeFund
  8. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Sax747
  9. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CriticalHippo
  10. Sailonline Yacht Club Member BRENTGRAY

View full list

Series

Mobile Client

SYC members have the benefit of access to our mobile/lightweight web client!

The mobile client