Facebook

Login

Support Sailonline

If you haven't already - join the SAILONLINE YACHT CLUB!

Please also consider making a donation - all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Board » Technical Support » qTVlm wish list #3.

Page: Previous 1 2 3

Hi JB,

I do get penalized when I change the number of cranks. It's very easy to test, as you see the results instantly.
I'm just experimenting as many of you are doing ;)

/SKOVSER
'zig-zag' reminds me of BWR suggestions to sail for an hour 20 degrees to the wind... Always it was the router that within the time-limits it calculated the route could not find a tack-solution..

when I look into the qtvlm course I see many very small zig-zags where the routing comes with twa 144 and 10 minutes later twa -144 and again 10 minutes later twa 144. (gybes here)

Maybe playing with the time-setting/reckoning will help?
Viva Skovser.

Good morning.

Please, what is the:

1 - qT version you are using;
2 - relation between your "crank" and minutes (exemple:"#1" crank" = "1 minute"?) ?

Thank you.

--- Last Edited by JB at 2016-07-11 08:49:30 ---
Sail Fair.
Hi JB,
I use 5.3-7-patch2 (I know you use an earlier), but maitai suggest in his answer of 02.07 - 08.53 to put in a number of cranks so qtVlm won't be able to gybe for a specified time. 15 cranks for 15 minutes etc. I change this a bit depending of the wind speed.
Try it yourself!

Congratulation on yesterday :)
Viva Skovser.

Thank you.

After all what was said about the Portuguese team and, especially, what was premeditatedly done to CR, I’m going to abstain from any comment and only hopping someone will get an humbling lesson.

Back to qT.
Well, till I fully understand what were the qT alterations I don’t intend to make any further update. Also, as matter of reciprocal respect, I’ll quietly wait someone responsible from qT to explain.

Thank you again.
Sail Fair.
Sure - I understand ;)
Have a nice summer .....

Page: Previous 1 2 3

Please login to post a reply.

Races

Next Race: 00d 00h 00m

Current Races:

Boston to Newport TIMED Race 2021
Last raced as part of the 2018 40 footer series, we return to Boston for another race to Newport. However, instead of choosing a boat for a given start time, you get to choose a start time for the given boat choice of the speedy R/P 66! How quickly can you complete this  132nm run? 
RE-REGISTER HERE to race again after finishing a run. 
Race # 1430
INFO by brainaid.de 
R/P 66 PARTICULARS
NAM_AWIP WX Updates:
0245 / 0845 / 1445 / 2045
Ranking:
TRQ1 - TRCH - SUPSOL - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Sunday, 31 January at 23:00 UTC
Race starts: Jan 18th 12:00 Registration will open soon
Old Flash Client GO TO RACE

Adriano's Brazil Run 2021
Adriano, who sails the SOLship batatabh, together with all his Brazilian friends bids you welcome to this amazing 300nm race in SOL's Albin 79 along their country's beautiful coastline. The race starts in Guanabara Bay, mistakenly considered a river mouth by its first explorers in January 1502, resulting in the settlement on its shore being named January's River (Rio de Janeiro). After passing Rio's iconic Sugar Loaf, the course takes racers along the north coast of the beautiful Ilha Grande to a turn for home at Ilhabela (another 'beautiful island') and a finish off the famous Copacabana beach!
Race #1416
INFO by brainaid.de
Albin 79 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking:
SYQ1 - SYCCH - SUPSOL - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Friday,
January 22 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: Jan 13th 16:00 Registration Open!

Foiling Wellington to Ushant 2021
Time to don full weather gear and put the foot down as we race Sailonline's new foiling Imocas over the 11200nm from Wellington NZ to Ushant, France! We will cross two oceans, round Cape Horn, and try to stay on the foils through the notorious highs of the south and north Atlantic Oceans.
Race #1420
INFOby brainaid.de
IMOCA 60 foil PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: SYC
Race starts: Jan 03rd 21:00 Registration Closed

Virtual Cape2Rio Race 2021

Welcome to South Africa and RCYC's classic trans-Atlantic Cape2Rio Race from Cape Town, South Africa, to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. First run in 1971 the next race in reality will be in January 2023, but in the meantime you can test yourself on-course in this, the Virtual Cape2Rio Race 2021, which introduces a new 74ft speedster, the stunning C2R74.
PRIZES: SMPFand See Intro Blog
Race #1411
INFO by brainaid.de
C2R74 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking:
OCQ1-OCCH-SUPSOL-SYC
RACE CLOSE: Wednesday, 20 January at 2300utc
Race starts: Jan 02nd 12:00 Registration Closed

Go to race archive

SYC Ranking

1. Sailonline Yacht Club Member WRmirekd
  2. Sailonline Yacht Club Member bonknhoot
  3. Sailonline Yacht Club Member NagaJolokia
  4. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rumskib
  5. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rafa
  6. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Zorba777
  7. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Kipper1258
  8. Sailonline Yacht Club Member calmxy
  9. Sailonline Yacht Club Member FreyjaUSA
  10. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Sax747

View full list

Series

Mobile Client

SYC members have the benefit of access to our mobile/lightweight web client!

The mobile client