Facebook

Login

Support Sailonline

If you haven't already - join the SAILONLINE YACHT CLUB!

Please also consider making a donation - all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Board » Technical Discussion » AGL 14 Issues

Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Hi All, Hi Kip'

For this morning, when I try to launch AGL, in the Console, I read :

"C:\SOL\Race0>C:\SOL\Java14\jre_windows\bin\java.exe -Dsun.java2d.uiScale.enabled
=false -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -classpath "C:\SOL\Java14\agl14_3_8.jar;C:\SOL\Java1
4\agl14_lib\*;" main.AGMain autoGribLoader.ini 1.0
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF8
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setSelectedIndex:
228 out of bounds
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
at autoPilot.Gui.<init>(Gui.java:1470)
at autoPilot.AutoPilot.<init>(AutoPilot.java:257)
at main.AGMain.main(AGMain.java:10)"

so...AGL doesn't launch...

--- Last Edited by Rick1_95 at 2024-06-09 20:15:58 ---

--- Last Edited by Rick1_95 at 2024-06-09 20:16:34 ---
so...AGL doesn't launch...

Not sure how this has happened to you, but it looks like you have managed to set a GL font that does not exist on your computer. To fix, do the following.

1. Edit the file aqutoGribLoader.in and delete the lines

# GL Font
glFont={whatever yours is set to}

which are at the bottom of the file.

2. Save the file and close it.
3. Launch AGL. It will now choose the default of Arial
Thx Kip'

Problem Solved ;-)

(Font was Yu Mincho)
There is an intermittent issue with the NOAA downloads during the incremental download. It appears NOAA is sending a corrupt file which then hangs AGL. Shutting down and restarting AGL will fix the hang. I have put checks in and currently testing which will hopefully resolve the issue. May take a few days to validate before a new version is released.

Symptoms are that the NOAA download stops prematurely and this exception is being thrown in the command window.

Exception in thread "Thread-17" java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at grib.WriteGribFile.CreateGribSections(WriteGribFile.java:175)
at grib.WriteGribFile.GribFileCreate(WriteGribFile.java:115)
at grib.NOAAGrib.writeNOAAToFile(NOAAGrib.java:819)
at grib.NOAAGrib.downloadGribFile(NOAAGrib.java:420)
at grib.NOAAGrib.run(NOAAGrib.java:148)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi Kip'

...so, we wait to update 14-3-12 to 14-4-1 ?
Hello,

i tried to install agl on windows. I follow all the steps of the manual but when i try to launch AG14_pause i receive this message: C:\SOL\Java14\windows_bat>C:SOL\Java14\jre_windows\bin\java.exe -Dsun.java2d.uiScale.enabled=false -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -classpath "C:SOL\Java14\agl14_4_1.jar;C:SOL\Java14\agl14_lib\*;" main.AGMain autoGribLoader.ini
Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato.
Hello,

i tried to install agl on windows. I follow all the steps of the manual but when i try to launch AG14_pause i receive this message: C:\SOL\Java14\windows_bat>C:SOL\Java14\jre_windows\bin\java.exe -Dsun.java2d.uiScale.enabled=false -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -classpath "C:SOL\Java14\agl14_4_1.jar;C:SOL\Java14\agl14_lib\*;" main.AGMain autoGribLoader.ini
1. Check that all those folders and file actually exist. Looks like something is missing. If they do not exist, you have not installed it correctly.
2. You should not be running AGL from the install area. You need to create separate race folders and run from there, as explained in the manual.

Might be worth having another careful read through the manual and making sure every step has been followed correctly.

I put some checks into the code, but the problem has not manifested itself again after 4 sets of downloads. Version 14.4.2 has therefore been released, and is good to go.
Hello,

These was a problem with AGInstallDir.bat is that it was setting the environment variable to C:SOL\Java14\ instead of C:\SOL\Java14\. A new version is in the release area that can be copied and run. Alternatively, edit the environment variable AGInstallDir to match.

I put some checks into the code, but the problem has not manifested itself again after 4 sets of downloads. Version 14.4.2 has therefore been released, and is good to go.

This issue is still in 14.4.2. I finally found the bug. It has to do with the NOAA download trying to access the SOL Wx information as the new SOL download is in progress. The result is that NOAA tries to access values that have not been set yet and the thread hangs on invalid data being read. The fix is currently being tested and should be release in the next day or so.

Current work around is to restart AGL.

Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Please login to post a reply.

Races

Next Race: 00d 00h 00m

Current Races:

Kamchatsky to Tromsoe 2024

Just before the light failed entirely in Antarctica, Skip Novak managed to get his Pelagic 77 out of the ice and north up the Pacific to Kamchatsky. The sun is shining (24/7) and not a penguin to be seen, and Skip believes the Norh East Passage is ice-free (sufficiently) to attempt it, so all aboard for a c 4250nm voyage from east to west across the top of Siberia, Russia and Norway to Tromsoe!
Race #1779
INFOby brainaid.de
Pelagic 77 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking: HLAT - SYC
Race starts: Jul 18th 19:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Cowes to St Malo TIMED Race 2024

Organized by the Royal Ocean Racing Club since 1929, the Cowes to St Malo Race is a true RORC Classic. Starting from the Royal Yacht Squadron Line, Cowes, IOW, a magnificent spectacle can be watched from The Parade, Cowes. The Cowes to St Malo Race is part of the RORC Season’s Points Championship, the world’s largest offshore racing series. Dating back to 1906, the Cowes to St Malo Race precedes all of the world’s famous races including the Fastnet Race. This is a TIMEDrace, so you may RE-REGISTER HERE to try again, after finishing a run. You will have 13 days and 11 hours to show your skill and decision making after the race opens.
Race #1828
INFOby brainaid.de
TP-52 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking:
TRQ3 - TRCH - SUPSOL - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Saturday,
27 July at 23:00 UTC
Race starts: Jul 14th 12:00 Registration Open!

▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Lake Ontario 300 Challenge 2024

Lake Ontario Offshore Racing (LOOR) welcomes Sailonline to a second race of their annual series, this time as hosts of the virtual LO300. As the name implies, the LO300 is a 300nm offshore race across the length and breadth of Lake Ontario, from and back to Port Credit YC. Once again, as is our wont on Lake Ontario, a fleet of Beneteau First 36.7s is being made available to virtual racers. There is an overall prize for the SOLer who best bosses Lake Ontario over the two races hosted on SOL, this 300 and the Susan Hood raced back in May; so let the competition be fierce!
Race #1805
INFOby brainaid.de
First 36.7 PARTICULARS
NAM_AWIP WX Updates:
0245 / 0845 / 1445 / 2045
Ranking: LOOR - SYC
Race starts: Jul 13th 15:10 Registration Open!

▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

SSANZ Triple Series 2024 - Race 1

Welcome once again to our online buddied Short-handed Sailing Association of New Zealand brilliant long-standing SSANZ Triple Series for two-handed yachts on the waters of the Hauraki Gulf, sponsored this year by Lewmar Marine. Commencing with a c 46nm quick dash out to Motuora Island via The Haystack and home, we will as always compete in virtual Young88s, against the real-life fleet of the members of the ever-Young 88 Association!!
Race #1823
INFO by brainaid.de
Young 88 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: SSANZ - SYC
Race starts: Jul 12th 21:15 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Tall Ships Races 2024 - Tallinn to Turku

Welcome to the second of three virtual Tall Ships Races on the Baltic Sea which are concurrently being organized in-real-life Sail Training International . This second race is from Tallinn, Estonia to Turku, Finland; circa 150nm in Sailonline’s stately Full Rigger.
NOTE: Starts and Finishes in tall ships racing are always offshore to avoid conflict with shipping and shipping lanes.
Race #1812
INFO by brainaid.de
Full Rigger PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: TS - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Friday,
July 19 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: Jul 11th 14:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Southampton to Punta del Este 2024

Sailonline is delighted to offer our sailors a 'reversed' Atlantic ocean race. As the RTW championship Atlantic part takes a detour to the Bahamas, we will offer you a reversed course as we will not do the 'usual' leg this year either. It is the July edition of this year's Ocean Championship. Our boat is the OD_65v3.
PRIZE: SMPF
Race# 1820
INFO from brainaid.de
OD65 PARTICULARS
WX updates:
Ranking: OCQ3 - OCCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: Jul 01st 11:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Go to race archive

SYC Ranking

1. Sailonline Yacht Club Member WRmirekd
  2. Sailonline Yacht Club Member FreyjaUSA
  3. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CriticalHippo
  4. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Vida_Maldita
  5. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rafa
  6. Sailonline Yacht Club Member TarassBoulba
  7. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Flamingo
  8. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CollegeFund
  9. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Sax747
  10. Sailonline Yacht Club Member bonknhoot

View full list

Series

Mobile Client

SYC members have the benefit of access to our mobile/lightweight web client!

The mobile client