Facebook

Login

Support Sailonline

If you haven't already - join the SAILONLINE YACHT CLUB!

Please also consider making a donation - all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Board » General Discussion » Sailonline Android Client Beta test

Page: First Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next Last

Zappe, one more thing. I did notice a refresh occur, but what is the current refresh rate?

Can it be a setting, like default, or off but with a manual refresh button?

That way we can perhaps refresh less often to save data, or if on wifi we can let it refresh at the default setting.

Thanks

Renegade

Odd it says I am Karl, how weird?

--- Last Edited by karl at 2014-11-03 16:12:30 ---
Renegade, I believe that (posting as Karl) happens when you are logged on as guest. Not sure though.
Oh, I did use my alternative browser which I usually use with guest to check other races or as sol. That would explain it.
Thanks.
Someone had accidentally changed the guest forum profile, I have now changed it back..
I have made a small update to the client.

It now shows a trace line for your boat and for boats that you click on.
The text in the polardiagram is bigger.
Added settings to controll how many SOL map tiles are loaded (from a radius of 1 tile to 6 tiles, default 2) and how many map polylines to paint (From 500 - 1500, default 500). I will look into using the different resolution SOL maps in the future but that will probably need a bit of refactoring and take some time.

This new version is 0.31 and is now available in the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sailonline.solclient&hl=en) to make it easier to install and update in the future.

Someone asked about the refresh rates in the client. They are as follows:
- Update your boat every 20s
- Update other boats every 60s
- Check for new weather (not downloading weather) every 2min
- Update boat traces every 10min
If you have installed the previous versions manually, the play store nicely offers an upgrade.

Great work zappe!
Hi Zappe,
For the polar with the VMC/VMG headings. For me the text on my Galaxy S4 is really tiny and hard to read. Any way to make it twice as big?
Perhaps overlay the polar directly over our boat marker and centered too instead of in the corner?

Renegade

Early in this morning I’ve finished the SWR with the SOL App.
I’ve went consistently for the lower end (South) of the finish line and using a fair safety margin to … upps, find out that I had to come back for it - pls have a look on the photo.
Conclusion: the finish line in the App was advanced to the race position.
One of the things the App is a razor is to “cut the corners”.
But, this time something was really wrong.
Sail Fair.
Attachments
Renegade: I'm not sure what version you are using. I did make the text larger in the 0.32 version that is up on google play. But maybe that is still too small.

JB: Yes I zoomed in on the finish line in the SWR race (It was a long pan to get there, since it hasn't been a good race for me ;) ) and it was a little to the east in the south part and to the west in the north part. Not good at all. It turnes out I was using some old home made calculations for the angle of the finish line that wasn't perfect. So I have changed it to the real rhumbline calculations and it looks better now. Sorry about this. The fix will be in the next version. I will probably make one just for this fix, since it is pretty important.

--- Last Edited by zappe at 2014-11-10 17:29:54 ---
Viva Zappe,

Good morning and thank you for your intervention. What precisely happened was a finish line rotation in the anti-clockwise direction, so the South end of it went to West some distance.
Sail Fair.

Page: First Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next Last

Please login to post a reply.

Races

Next Race: 00d 00h 00m

Current Races:

Manilla to Calbayog 2024

After six years, we welcome you to the race created by sassy63 for the second time. He takes us to the Philippines to race around islands on a 380 nm course. We sail the Italia 14.98 and in Calbayog we'll enjoy our well-deserved Palatan dish and drink it with San Miguel.
Race #1803
INFO from brainaid.de
Italia 14.98 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking:
ARQ2 - ARCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: Apr 22nd 17:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Melbourne to Osaka Prelude 2024

Welcome once again to what these days is Sailonline’s almost annual virtual Melbourne to Osaka Yacht Race. In real life, this double-handed 5500 nm race between these two sister cities, one deep in the southern hemisphere, the other high in the northern hemisphere, is run every four to five years, and is planned to be held again in 2025, so this race is a Prelude in partnership with the Melbourne Osaka Cup 2025 organising committee collaborating with the Ocean Racing Club of Victoria (ORCV), and the Sandringham (SYC) and Osaka Hokko (OHYC) yacht clubs. On this occasion, we’ll be racing the well-known First 40, a popular size of boat for a long-distance double-handed race. With the doldrums unavoidably lying across the track, you can expect to be at virtual sea for at least a month!
Race #1669
INFO by brainaid.de
First 40 Particulars
WX Updates:
Ranking: SYC
Race starts: Apr 20th 00:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

St Nazaire Chasse TIMED Race 2024

Welcome to a "chasse" (hunt) from St. Nazaire to La Baule on the west coast of France! This race was designed by SOLer FR_flouflou in 2010. The KER 40 was introduced to SOL in 2016 by SOLer psail, and the Sol-KER was a welcome addition to SOL’s fleet of 40- footers, as it was to the IRL Ker fleet of eponymous - like KERonimo, KukuKERchu and Ice BreaKER. This is a TIMEDrace, so you may RE-REGISTER HERE to try again, after finishing a run. You will have 13 days and 11 hours to show your skill and decision making after the race opens.
Race #1797
INFOby brainaid.de
Ker 40 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking:
TRQ2 - TRCH - SUPSOL - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Saturday,
27 April at 23:00 UTC
Race starts: Apr 14th 12:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Cape Town to Auckland 2024

Welcome to the second leg of this Round The World series 2024. It's also the April edition of this year's ocean race championship. The course is the same as the one sailed in 2023, but this year we sail the iconic Swan 65, as suggested in the concluding RTW race last year.
Prepare yourselves for an epic 30-day journey, navigating through the unpredictable waters of the South Seas. It's essential to take care of provisioning to ensure a smooth and enjoyable race experience. With the longer duration, we anticipate plenty of opportunities for camaraderie, competition, and unforgettable memories.
PRIZE: SMPF
Race# 1789
INFO from brainaid.de
Swan 65 PARTICULARS
WX updates:
Ranking: OCQ2 - RTW - OCCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: Apr 01st 11:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Go to race archive

SYC Ranking

1. Sailonline Yacht Club Member WRmirekd
  2. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Pit8008
  3. Sailonline Yacht Club Member FreyjaUSA
  4. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rafa
  5. Sailonline Yacht Club Member sassy63
  6. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Sax747
  7. Sailonline Yacht Club Member bonknhoot
  8. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Vida_Maldita
  9. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CollegeFund
  10. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CriticalHippo

View full list

Series

Mobile Client

SYC members have the benefit of access to our mobile/lightweight web client!

The mobile client