Facebook

Login

Support Sailonline

If you haven't already - join the SAILONLINE YACHT CLUB!

Please also consider making a donation - all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Board » General Discussion » Sailonline Android Client Beta test

Page: First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Getting the same lines on Samsung Galaxy S4. v4.4.2 with the latest .46 client.

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I didn't check the forum earlier. I have now reverted most of the updates of the 0.46 release and published a 0.47 release and I hope this one will work better on 4.4.2 devices. Please keep me informed here.
Again I'm sorry I screwed up the 0.46 release for some of you. I only have my own old Galaxy S III to test on and it worked fine on that one. I will try to get hold of an 4.4.2 device to test on and hopefully the weather loading optimizations will be back again later.

Regards
Zappe

--- Last Edited by zappe at 2015-02-20 23:46:20 ---
I had the exact same problems with 0.45 as Marcelo Vall on my SGS2 running Android 4.1.2. That is, a crash 2-5 seconds after starting the app. I tried to start it lots of times but the exact same thing happened every time except ones or twice when I managed to get it to start.

On the other hand, 0.46 is working beautifully on my device. I haven't dared to try 0.47 as I fear the problems from 0.45 may come back.
Hi!

I just got my old S III updated with Android 4.4.4 and it work perfectly with the 0.46 version. So I don't know it must be somthing specific to 4.4.2 and it would help a lot if anyone of you who had the problems with the 0.46 version could tell me if 0.47 worked better.
Tested v 0.47 with 4.4.2 this morning and still had problems with the lines. I'll try to grab a screenshot and post it here.
HI Zappe,
.47 client just uploaded, and still have the same purple lines. :(
Tried a few settings like reducing the wind line settings. It didn't help.

Here is a screenshot from my LG G 8.3 tablet.
I have plenty more.
I tried using different maps, but the problem remains.
Some points:
-- When logging in to the race, the initial screen is "usually" free of the lines. I want to say "always" free of them, but I can't remember if that is true.
-- The pattern of the lines changes when I change the display zoom.
-- The lines are a problem only with the Race Map view. Other screen display properly.

I get similar results with my LG VS 985 4G phone.
Both devices are running Android 4.2.2. with the status of "official".
Both devices connect through Verizon, and were purchased through the Verizon store.

Let me know if you need additional data about what I am experiencing.
I have the "notify me" box checked for this thread, so posting here should get the word to me.

Thx

--- Last Edited by javakeda at 2015-02-22 00:40:11 ---
Attachments
javajkeda or someone else could you try the old 0.45 release again just to verify that it still works?

You can get access to all versions from my dropbox:
www.dropbox.com/sh/...ikJoI_Xola#/
OK

I have made two new apk files (0.47.1 and 0.47.2) that you can find at the drop box. They are versions of 0.47 with different changes from the 0.45 release. So if you who have the problems with the 0.47 and 0.46 release can test these versions and tell me if any of them work it would help a lot. It is probably best that you uninstall the client between tries to make sure you try the right thing.
Installed v0.45 from the dropbox and it works like a champ! In the process I learned how to uninstall an app. [I'm new to Android as of last Tuesday.]

I'll try the other two apk's next ... keeping in mind that it is 3:09 am local here, and I may need to get a little sleep first.
:-)

Page: First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Please login to post a reply.

Races

Next Race: 00d 00h 00m

Current Races:

Southampton to Punta del Este 2024

Sailonline is delighted to offer our sailors a 'reversed' Atlantic ocean race. As the RTW championship Atlantic part takes a detour to the Bahamas, we will offer you a reversed course as we will not do the 'usual' leg this year either. It is the July edition of this year's Ocean Championship. Our boat is the OD_65v3.
PRIZE: SMPF
Race# 1820
INFO from brainaid.de
OD65 PARTICULARS
WX updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking: OCQ3 - OCCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: Jul 01st 11:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Tall Ships Races 2024 - Klaipeda to Helsinki

Welcome to the first of three virtual Tall Ships Races on the Baltic Sea which are being organized in-real-life by Sail Training InternationalThis first race is from Klaipeda, Lithuania to Helsinki, Finland; circa 240nm in Sailonline’s stately fanciful Full Rigger.
NOTE: Starts and Finishes in tall ships racing are always offshore to avoid conflict with shipping and shipping lanes.
Race #1811
INFO by brainaid.de
Full Rigger PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: TS - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Saturday,
July 6 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: Jun 27th 14:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Haida Gwaii 2024

We will end the second quarter of the ARCH competition with a 390nm race around the Haida Gwaii islands (literally "Islands of the Haida people"), also known as the Queen Charlotte Islands. This is an archipelago located on the northern Pacific coast of Canada. In SOL, we last raced on this route in 2012 and few people remember what happened there. Prepare your Riptide 50 well, it's going to be a lot of fun.
Race #1819
INFO from brainaid.de
Riptide 50 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking:
ARQ2 - ARCH - SUPSOL - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Wednesday,
July 3 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: Jun 24th 17:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Newport Bermuda Race 2024

The 636-mile biennial Newport Bermuda Race is one of the oldest regularly scheduled ocean races, and with the Fastnet Race and the Sydney to Hobart Race, it is one of the three great classic races of the yachting world. Founded in 1906, this 53rd running of the Bermuda Race can again also be participated in online.
Entries are invited for one of the four divisions:
Double-Handed Division:
Jeanneau Sun Fast 3600
St. David's Lighthouse Division:
Santa Cruz 52
Gibbs Hill Lighthouse Division:
Judel Vrolijk 62
Finisterre Division:
Riptide 50
Details for each yacht are available in the ‘Particulars’ links below. As in real life, you can only sail one boat in one division, so choose your virtual yacht carefully, and because of the unusual (for SOL) 4-division nature of the event, please note results will not count towards any Sailonline rankings.
Race #1808
INFOby brainaid.de
Sun Fast 3600 PARTICULARS
Santa Cruz 52 PARTICULARS
Judel Vrolijk 62 PARTICULARS
Riptide 50 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: None
RACE CLOSE: Friday,
July 5 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: Jun 21st 17:05 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Auckland to San Francisco 2024

Welcome back to Auckland as we continue our Round The World voyage. This 5600 nautical miles race from Auckland to San Francisco, first sailed in 2023, is the third leg of the RTW, proposed by SOLer ita10267. It is also the June edition of this year's Ocean Championship. Our boat is the Swan 65, as in all RTW races this year.
PRIZE: SMPF
Race# 1790
INFO from brainaid.de
Swan 65 PARTICULARS
WX updates:
Ranking: OCQ2 - OCCH - RTW - SUPSOL - SYC
RACE CLOSE: Tuesday,
July 9 at 2300 UTC.
Race starts: Jun 03rd 11:00 Registration Closed
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Go to race archive

SYC Ranking

1. Sailonline Yacht Club Member WRmirekd
  2. Sailonline Yacht Club Member FreyjaUSA
  3. Sailonline Yacht Club Member TarassBoulba
  4. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CriticalHippo
  5. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rafa
  6. Sailonline Yacht Club Member CollegeFund
  7. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Sax747
  8. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Siaki
  9. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Vida_Maldita
  10. Sailonline Yacht Club Member bonknhoot

View full list

Series

Mobile Client

SYC members have the benefit of access to our mobile/lightweight web client!

The mobile client